8-Hour Instructor Led Facilitated Workshop
Responder Readiness Train-the-Trainer (12-Hours): This workshop is intended for agency trainers and supervisors to deliver the First H.E.L.P. Responder Readiness Workshop for members of their community. In this eight-hour workshop facilitated by an experienced first responder, participants will prepare engage members of their agency in meaningful conversations about the stressful and often traumatic life of a first responder. Participants should expect to leave the workshop prepared to deliver all three modules of the Responder Readiness Workshop: Performance, Persistence, and Prevention.
Upon successful completion, participants will be able to present the First H.E.L.P. Responder Readiness Program in its entirety or in modular format to members of their agency 2.
1) Facilitate a discussion about cumulative and traumatic stress.
2) Explain the effects of stress on performance.
3) Demonstrate the Results Oriented Communications Model
4) Lean an #IWillListen / #IWillTalk training scenario.
5) Help learners identify at least five resources for members of their agency.
PREVENTION - A R.A.N.G.E. of Options
6) Facilitate a discussion about the importance of resilient and ready responders
7) Explain and demonstrate “First H.E.L.P.’s R.A.N.G.E. of resilience”
1 – The Train the Trainer workshop is 8-hours. Participants must also attend a 4-hour Responder Readiness Workshop prior to participating in the Train-the-Trainer program.
2 – LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: Trained facilitators are authorized to present Responder Readiness materials to other first responders in their community. They may not charge for attendance and may not use this material for commercial endeavors or private sales. Facilitator Certification is granted for a period of two years from the date of certification or re-certification. Recertification is granted upon completion of a 4-hours of authorized refresher training within the recertification window (6-months before the certification expires to 6-months after the certification expires).