First H.E.L.P. Training
Responder Readiness Workshop Series
The First H.E.L.P. Readiness program is designed to instruct students from varying backgrounds on the topics of stress and the possible physical and psychological effects on the members of the first responder community.
Communities throughout the nation have the opportunity to bring world-class training to their First Responders. Click the link below to submit your application now or explore the various training opportunities using the links on this page.
Grant Funded Workshop Series
A 3-day series of 4-hour workshops
This grant funded training opportunity provided by FirstNet-Built with AT&T provides communities with the ability to train large numbers of first responders in a small group workshop style setting. Training is limited to 11 states. Click to see if your community is eligible.
Unfunded Training Opportunities
Contact us to explore options
Grant funding is limited. However, we have worked to ensure that communities can bring this workshop series to their First Responders for about $75.00 per participant. Click to learn more.
Keynote Speaker / Conference Breakouts
First Responders and Mental Health Professionals
First H.E.L.P. has an extensive assortment of First Responders and Mental Health Professionals to meet your keynote speaker or conference breakout session needs.
Family Member Presenter
A keynote presentation from a First Responder Family Member
First Responder Family Members can provide unique perspective at your next training or conference. Our certified Family Member Presenters deliver a keynote style presentation that captivate your audience and help them see things from the First Responder Family Perspective.
Some Communities selected for this training opportunity will receive the training free of charge. In these instances, all costs for three days of training, printed materials, and travel expenses are covered by First H.E.L.P. and made possible by FirstNet – Built with AT&T.
- First H.E.L.P. provides training materials for workshop participants
- First H.E.L.P. will promote the course through social media and email campaigns
- First H.E.L.P. will manage all registrations through our Event Management System
- Training is conducted by an experienced First Responder
- Provide a training venue for up to 50 participants per workshop. Ideal classroom configuration is small group tables for 6 to 10 participants.
- Workshop training content contains multiple videos with sound. The host will need to provide projection (monitors or screens) easily viewable by all participants. Audio must able to be adjusted by facilitators.
- Commit to meeting minimum attendance requirements for each session with members from the host community.
- Ensure that Police / Corrections, Firefighters, EMS, and Dispatch from the host community participate in the training.
- Open training to surrounding communities – especially small and rural communities. Encourage attendance by all First Responders.