Performance, Persistence, and Prevention
4-Hour Instructor Led Facilitated Workshop
First responders work in a world that is filled with hours of calm and moments of chaos. Couple this with everyday factors that touch our lives, and it is possible to lose our sense of purpose and drive. This course will focus on understanding the physiological and psychological effects of stress and job-related trauma on the body and identify tools that can increase long-term protective factors and optimize human performance under stress.
In this four-hour workshop facilitated by an experienced first responder, participants will engage in meaningful conversations about the stressful and often traumatic life of a first responder. Participants should expect to leave the workshop with a better understanding of how stress and trauma affect first responder performance and be equipped with techniques to build resilience and initiate difficult conversations.
- Describe stress and differentiate between two
- Recognize the effects of stress on performance.
- Initiate an #IWillListen / #IWillTalk conversation.
- Identify at least five resources for officers in your agency.
PREVENTION – A RANGE of Options
- Explore resilience and healthy habits.
- Employ a RANGE of five resilience skills.